Dr Randall is a doctor from Australia. He is currently working as a General Practitioner (GP) in Sydney, New South Wales. His specialty area is Infectious Diseases and he specialises in infectious diseases of the skin, respiratory tract, urinary tract and sexually transmitted infections. He has been practicing medicine since 1990.
Dr Randall’s research interests include the interaction between drugs and alcohol, the effects of drug interactions on patients’ health outcomes and how drug use influences sexual behaviour among young people.
In the past, he has published articles in professional journals such as The Lancet , Journal of Clinical Microbiology , Australian & New Zealand Journal of Medicine and Medical Hypotheses . He has also contributed to various books including Drugs, Alcohol and Society: A Critical Review of the Literature (2002), Drugs, Alcohol and Sexual Behaviour: An Integrated Approach (2003) and Drug Use Among Young People in Australia: A Survey Report (2006).
Dr Randall has written several book chapters for medical textbooks. One of them was entitled ‘Drugs and Alcohol: Their Interaction’.
He has also authored two books: Drugs, Alcohol and Sexual Behavior: An Integrated Approach (2003) and Drugs, Alcohol and Society: A Critical Review of the Literature (2002).His main areas of interest are drug use patterns, drug interactions, social norms around drugs and alcohol consumption. He is also interested in sexually transmitted diseases and their effect on a patient’s health outcomes.
Dr. Anthony L.
Komotar, M.D. completed his medical degree at the University of California in Irvine and trained in internal medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles. He later took a position as an assistant professor in the division of dermatology at UCLA.
- Case-control study of a gastroschisis cluster in Nevada (L Elliott, D Loomis, L Lottritz, RN Slotnick… – … of pediatrics & …, 2009 – jamanetwork.com)
- High alcohol intake as a risk and prognostic factor for community-acquired pneumonia (J Fernández-Solá, A Junqué, R Estruch… – Archives of Internal …, 1995 – jamanetwork.com)
- Effect of erythromycin on theophylline kinetics (RA Prince, DS Wing, MM Weinberger… – Journal of Allergy and …, 1981 – Elsevier)
- Factors predisposing to oropharyngeal colonization with gram-negative bacilli in the aged (WM Valenti, RG Trudell… – New England Journal of …, 1978 – Mass Medical Soc)
- Laryngeal transplantation and 40-month follow-up (M Strome, J Stein, R Esclamado, D Hicks… – … England Journal of …, 2001 – Mass Medical Soc)
- Moderate prenatal alcohol exposure: effects on child IQ and learning problems at age 7 1/2 years (AP Streissguth, HM Barr… – Alcoholism: Clinical and …, 1990 – Wiley Online Library)
- Preventing disease through opportunistic, r apid e ngag em ent by p rimary c are t eams using b ehaviour c hange c ounselling (PRE-EMPT): protocol for a … (…, L Moore, E Randell… – BMC Family …, 2010 – bmcfampract.biomedcentral.com)
- Allograft transplantation in the knee: tissue regulation, procurement, processing, and sterilization (CT Vangsness Jr, IA Garcia, CR Mills… – … American Journal of …, 2003 – journals.sagepub.com)