The following are some of the complications of insect bites:
1) Insect Bite Soreness (IBS): IBS is a painful condition caused by irritation or inflammation of the skin after being bitten by insects such as mosquitoes, wasps, ants, bees and hornets.
2) Insect Bite Pain: This pain is due to the infection of the bite wound.
The pain may last from one day to several weeks.
3) Insect Bite Infection: This infection causes the swelling of the affected area.
4) Other Complications: There can be many other complications of insect bites.
How to prevent complications and when to see a doctor
Preventing complications of insect bites is very easy. The following steps can be taken to prevent complications of insect bites:
1) Insect Repellants and bug sprays should be used to prevent insect bites.
2) When you notice an insect bite, clean the wound with water and apply antiseptic to prevent infection.
3) The wound should be kept dry.
Moist wound has higher risk of infection.
4) If there is severe itching and pain, and if you notice some swelling, you should see a doctor immediately.
5) If you have an allergic reaction after an insect bite, you should seek medical attention immediately.
You may need to carry an epinephrine injection with you.
Insects and bugs carry different types of diseases that can be passed from one person to another. It is very important to prevent their bites by using insect repellants and other protective measures.
If you notice any pain, swelling, or itching after an insect bite, consult a doctor immediately.
In this text you found more about the complications of insect bites.
This is an expert blog post authored by an expert. This article describes all about what you need to learn about infected insect bite.
We also talk about bug bite treatment dogs in this article.
In this article we talk about insect bite treatment poison ivy. This text is all about dengue fever and insect bite.
Here you’ll find tips on how to treat insect bites naturally. The editor of this website, David Zinczenko, explains why you must know about insect bite rash. Below you can find the information about spider bites and pregnancy. This is all about the complications of insect bites.
Sources & references used in this article:
- Allergic reactions to insect stings and bites (JE Moffitt – Southern medical journal, 2003 – go.gale.com)
- Schönlein-Henoch syndrome after insect bite (G Sharan, RK Anand, KP Sinha – British medical journal, 1966 – ncbi.nlm.nih.gov)
- Tularemia transmitted by insect bites–Wyoming, 2001-2003. (… for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC – MMWR. Morbidity and …, 2005 – ncbi.nlm.nih.gov)
- A shock reaction from insect bites in patients with urticaria pigmentosa (IA Poroshina, IS Gushchin, VG Chitaeva… – Terapevticheskii …, 1995 – ncbi.nlm.nih.gov)
- Cervicofacial necrotizing fasciitis: an unusual complication of chronic suppurative otitis media (A Sethi, A Sabherwal – The Journal of Laryngology & Otology, 2006 – cambridge.org)