Types of Telemedicine:
1) Online Community – You can connect with other people who are interested in the same topics.
There are many online communities where you can meet others like yourself.
2) Online Medical School – You can get medical education from any university or institution.
The quality of such education varies widely depending upon the institutions. Some institutions provide high-quality medical education while some do not.
3) Virtual Reality – You can go through virtual reality (VR).
You can easily learn the contents of medical education. You can experience first hand about what it is like to get a particular disease or condition. You can use VR through your computer programs or you can wear a special helmet and goggles to experience it.
4) Online support groups and forums – You can meet people who share the same medical condition as you.
They can give you hope and strength to face your medical condition. They can also give you advice on how to live life as a person with your condition.
5) Tele-consults – You can contact a real doctor through your phone or computer.
The doctor can see you and talk to you through a camera. The doctor will examine you and provide recommendations.
6) Tele-monitoring – A machine can monitor your condition.
This machine is connected to the internet. A real doctor can monitor your condition through this machine. If the condition becomes serious, he or she can provide immediate treatment.
7) Telesurgery – You can have surgery without leaving your home.
An operation that was once available only in hospitals is now available to everyone. They can use robot doctors, 3D technology, and many other things to carry out your surgery.
You can find more about these types of telemedicine ppt . You can also comment on it. If you are facing any problem or difficulty, you can share your concern with us. We will gladly try to help you out. You can also ask any question that is bothering you.
We really hope that this information has been both educational and useful for you. Good luck!
Thanks for reading!
Last updated: 09/06/2018
Sources & references used in this article:
- Essentials of telemedicine and telecare (H Akhlaghi, H Asadi – 2002 – researchgate.net)
- Successful telemedicine programs in otolaryngology (FG Garritano, D Goldenberg – … Clinics of North …, 2011 – pennstate.pure.elsevier.com)
- Organizational structure of telehealth care: An examination of four types of telemedicine systems (TS Welsh – 2002 – researchgate.net)